Thursday, May 20, 2010

Better, But Not Well Enough.

Odd season for it come this year. Summer was usually never the time she'd visit me. I had always been busy during the annual inferno period, with summer camps, advance planning seminars, school year calendar mapping among others, I thought I'd never have time to entertain such a guest. Moreso now, with summer classes and even more rigorous and intense meetings and appointments, who's to show her hospitality?

But alas, she insists and she persists. I think the more I pretend she's not there, the more she begs to catch my attention - she's pesky that way. Come to think of it, I never let her in. She somehow catches me off-guard and manages to sneak in without me noticing. Then, of course, I'd notice. How could I not, when she causes me not to speak, sleep, or eat? When she pulls all the strength from under me and causes me to fall? When I lie awake at night wishing she'd never come as regularly as she has been doing for the past five years?



Sigh. It's never nice to have an annual dengue scare.

-----

It's true, I always get hit by a dengue scare once a year since I entered High School. I really don't get how I manage to avoid dengue altogether, though I guess I have to thank my superb immune system for that. But dengue scares aren't that good either, you know. It's really like having the real thing, only without the death probabilty. But that's not such a good thing, either. See, with the real dengue, you know it's bound to end one way or the other; with just the scare, it's only going to end one way, you just have to wait. For a long long long long time.

But DS2010 is different than other DS's. One, I can't remember being in this much physical pain from other DS's. My throat has been burning like hell since Tuesday morning, and simple things such as chewing and moving the food from the back part of my mouth to the front so I can chew them more thoroughly has been a chore. Now, with people like me, that's when you know there's a problem - when swallowing pride is easier than swallowing food.

And maybe one of the worst blow this DS has caused is the fact that I won't be able to attend our org's send-off... rites? ceremonies? excursion? It has been part of Broad Ass' long and storied tradition to pay tribute to the graduating residents before they officially become alumni. And in my very first opportunity to join a send-off, I won't be able to participate. Because of this freaking DS. Normally, I'd risk it and rather die on the beach, but with a looming 5am flight to Singapore on Monday, I can't and I won't. Especially, since moving week is also waiting for me there. Mom and Sis need a man in the house, err, apartment unit, after all.

So there. I don't feel frustrated after typing all of these here. Maybe I'll get to welcome them back at the Veranda when they come back home on Sunday. Hopefully, my dad will allow me then, but for now, let me enjoy my freshly-bought DoubleStuf Oreos.

Oh wait. I'm not allowed to have sweets.

Motherfuckingsonofabitch!
Dengue scares are such dickshits.

Chill.

No comments:

Post a Comment