Monday, August 2, 2010

For What This Is Worth.

"There's a certain doubt enveloped about your every move." I once told you that, in sheer pity of how you couldn't put your act together, and the evidence that are your eyes caused me not to doubt my perception of you. Problem is, no matter how much I talk, you never listened, and you probably will never learn how to.

And now I look at you again, and not much has changed. You're still that profoundly foolish teen I once knew from the inside out. The way I see you now is living proof of how much change can occur in so little of a time - moreso in separation. Funny though, is that we didn't really separate, yet we grew so distant.

Maybe you're refusing growth, or maybe you don't see the need to, or maybe you just, plain and simple, don't understand - like a child. But in any case, I wish you'd slap your face right now, because you need to wake up to this reality and make sure that you don't get the far end of things. Accept that fact that we're growing older biologically, and no one should stay as immature as you at this age. Granted, maturity has nothing to do with age, but it has everything to do with time.

Consider this a desperate plea to once again rile you up against the forces you might face from here on out. Just one step shouldn't define your maturity, but it's a good start. A damn well start, if you ask me.

Till the next fuck up, I'll always be by your side when you sleep. Or even if you don't. ;)
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment